CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Projects


I love the Fourth of July.  My sister in law has started the tradition of hosting a party at her house where we can all enjoy the fireworks from her backyard.  This year I signed up for desserts, so I'll share with you the three treats I made.  I also made a hostess gift for her annual party decor.

First, I wanted to make marshmallow lollipops for all the kids.  I had left over straws from Micah's aqua and orange airplane party, so I used those to hold some marshmallows dipped in blue melting chocolate.  My red sugar and gel icing aren't the prettiest, but it will do for the kiddos.






I also made a monster-sized trifle using angel food cake drizzled in sweetened, condensed milk, vanilla pudding, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, and topped in whipped cream.




Finally, I BOUGHT (yes, not everything is made from scratch) a chocolate Costco cake and made it cute with bunting.  I'll display it on a white, ruffled cake stand at the party.



I thought it would be fun to add to my sister in law's Fourth of July decor, so I made her a canvas sign in red, whites and blues.  I sponge stamped some stars for the background and then cut out some paper for the writing since I was out of vinyl.  I just glued it onto the canvas.  Cute!

Have a fantastic, blessed Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...