CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 22, 2012

Lemon Crinkle Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting


I was at a bbq recently, and a friend brought cakies--I think that is what she called them.  It is cake mix, butter and an egg made into cookies.  She made lemon cookies, and I thought they were SO good!  I'm also all about easy recipes.
So, when a friend asked me to make a non-chocolate chip cookie for her summer wedding to contribute to her reception's cookie bar, I thought of my summery, lemon cookies I had tasted.

These are sweet--I love sweet--so all you bitter-dark chocolate lovers out there probably won't relish these cookies.  If you have a super sweet tooth, you will love these.  They are perfect for the summer.  Just remember to refrigerate the frosting before you serve them.

Ingredients:
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 stick of butter
1 egg

frosting: 
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese at room temp

Mix the cookie ingredients.  Roll into small balls and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350.  They will have crinkles all over when they are done.

Frosting:  Mix the cream cheese until smooth.  Mix in the sugar and vanilla.  This will yield frosting for about 3-4 batches of cookies, so you will most likely have left over frosting--bummer!  Wink, wink.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...