CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Father's Day Mod Podge Gift



Is your June as crazy as ours?  I think everyone has crazy Junes.  School ends, teacher's presents, Father's Day, graduations, weddings, a sister in law had a baby, vacations, ministry work, etc. 

My hubby sweetly helped me out by giving me a detailed list of some gift for Father's Day, but I also really wanted to do something from the boys that we could make.

The three picture DAD frames have been on blogs for a long time, but my husband doesn't know that.  I thought that would be a fun project, but I wanted it to be low cost, as we were buying other gifts.

I went to Hobby Lobby to price the three part frames, but they were more than I wanted to spend.  I knew I had long, thin canvases at home already, so I decided to try a Mod Podge project with supplies I already had at home.

First, I painted a canvas black and rubbed off all the paint with a paper towel.  This gives a canvas a "denim" and distressed look.  Then I painted a true, thick stripe of black around the edges of the canvas.


I took the boys' pictures with my camera.  They were holding letters I just cut quickly on my Silhouette.





I took the pictures and made them black and white on PicMonkey.  Then I printed them out on thin, letter paper.  Next time I would use cardstock, because the paint and thin paper made the pictures a greenish/black hue, but it wasn't enough of an error to start over.


I Mod Podged the top of the canvas with a thick layer of glue and then measured out how to evenly space my pictures I had printed straight off my computer.



I did a VERY thin layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper to keep it from curling.  (I actually just spread some of the Mod Podge that was already on the canvas over to the top of the pic).

I let it dry, and voila!  The glue is invisible, and the pictures are "floating" against the denim black canvas.  I am thinking this would be cute for his office at work.  It is very masculine and he loves reminders of the kids when he is working all day.


What are you making for Father's Day?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...