CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Women in the Word Wednesday: Purposeful Acts of Kindness

We have all heard of "random acts of kindness."  I love the idea behind extending kindness to strangers and in unexpected ways--paying for the person behind you at the drive thru, sticking change in someone's parking meter for them, etc., especially if you can share God in the act of kindness.  However, I also am a BIG fan of planning out kind acts and following through on those plans.  God is a fan of that too.  Hebrews 10:24-25 says, "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."

If God asks me to consider, or think about, how I can stir up others to love and kindness, I KNOW He wants me to do the same in my own life.  Galatians 6:10 says, "So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." 

Be purposeful in kindness to people today, especially to brothers and sisters in Christ.  My husband and I, though it seems quite uncreative, SCHEDULE time into our weeks to have people for dinner, to visit others in need, etc.  We even budget and plan for giving to people in financial need.  In fact, we are so busy, that if we didn't plan and be purposeful, we would fall short of what we could do.  Even in planning, I know we miss opportunities and get lazy.

Kindness doesn't always have to be a sudden emotional rush or in the moment decision.  Kindness can be planned and purposeful.  There is a place for both kinds of kindness, and we tend to rest on those "in the moment" opportunities, getting lazy with any effort to be the hands and feet of Christ to those around us. 

What kindness can you extend today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...