CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 7, 2012

Pinterest Recipe: Pizza Bites


My kids are BOTH picky eaters.  They will eat fruit and milk, which is basically why there are still alive, but protein beyond milk gets tricky.  The youngest will down some yogurt, but I can't overdo it or he'll sense I'm actually feeding him something that is healthy and stop eating it.  Sigh.
When we have pizza, they both tend to find ways to nibble around the cheese.  My youngest will turn his pizza over and just plain nibble on the crust bottom.  We have to pull out the big time discipline guns in order to get a few pepperoni or cheese bites into them.
I was curious how this Pinterest recipe would work from Rags to Riches.  They are easy peasy pizza bites.  It has lots of bread surrounding a little hot pocket of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni in it.  Plus, it is a dippable food, which always earns a higher score for a kiddo. 
So I adapted the recipe to my kiddos and tried it.  Instead of cheddar and mixed cheeses, I went mozzarella inside of the pizza bite.  Also, I made the same recipe on Zucchini slices for me--low carbing it.
Flatten a buttermilk biscuit

Top with pepperoni, mozzarella and more pepperoni

lift the sides and pinch the dough together

Turn it over for the smooth dough balls

Top with egg wash, parmesan, garlic powder and Italian seasoning

Cook and voila!

(Exact Recipe on the link above)

It was well received.  My youngest wouldn't eat it, but he is on an especially stubborn "I don't like that" phase. Afer his milk and a couple spoonfuls of apple sauce, he went on dinner strike.  He'll probably eat us out of house and home when he is 16 to make up for it.
My hubby and older boy liked it.  My zucchini variation was good too!  The parmesan crisped up nice and salty.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...