CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Busy, Blessed Mother's Day

I will do a tea wrap up tomorrow, and you will be completely blown away by the tables at our tea this year.  The ladies did a terrific job being creative.
Today, I just wanted to share my Mother's Day yesterday with you!

Like many of you, I woke up to breakfast in bed.  My poor hubby had to work a little harder to create a yummy breakfast since I am watching my carbs.  I had a nice cup of coffee, scrambled eggs and bacon.  It was quite a treat!

We went to church and heard an AMAZING sermon on Psalm 23.  I had never heard it put into the context my pastor did, and it was such an encouragement.  It should be on our website to listen to after Tuesday morning.  You can hear it at http://www.compasschurch.org/.

We came home for about an hour, and I opened gifts.  I got two books I wanted and a cute yellow belt from Ruche.  My 6 year old made me a special coffee mug, and my husband topped it all with a generous gift card to the mall and a promise to watch the boys whenever I want to go look for some clothes.  I love to shop slowly by myself, which I never get to do!  What a treat!
Two Mother's Day books I got from my sweet family

After church, we went to my sister's house for pool play, lunch and gifts.  It was an absolutely perfect Southern California day--mid to high 70's with a little breeze in the late afternoon.

My sister and brother in law's beautiful backyard

More of the beautiful backyard


My nephew doing a flip off the waterfall diving platform

My 3 year old contemplating the pool

Our hosts

My other sister and her two girls


My mom, sister and niece

My niece is graduating from high school and is off to college in the fall.  She had me make this sign for her mom (my sister), since it was a little saying they would say to one another to get through stressful assignments she had in school.

I ate way too many kumquats off their tree.  They were so ripe for the picking!

My little swimmer enjoying his HUGE chocolate cake

Finally, we ended the day with dinner, more pool time and gifts at my mother in law's home.  It was my father in law's birthday, so we all got to celebrate the day!

How was your Mother's Day?  I pray you had a great day and realized what a very undeserved and amazing blessing it is to be a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...