CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Free Printable Fill in the Blank Love Poem

I used to do sensory poems with my elementary school students when I was a teacher. We usually would do autumn poems, but this type of poem works with anything, including Valentine's Day and love.

My two little boys are extremely sick with fevers and coughs, so we have had a week of inside time.
While we had some down time, I thought my 4 year old might have fun writing a sensory poem for his daddy.
Here is what he wrote:

Love
Love looks like daddy coming home from work.
Love smells like flowers.
Love feels like getting a backrub.
Love tastes like mommy's french toast.
Love sounds like dogs and Micah (his brother).
Love

If you are so inclined, even adults can do this.  Write one and make vinyl wall art, create a card for your spouse, or simply exercise some creative juices.  Here is a sample one of mine:

Love
Love looks like my husband kneeling and praying next to our sleeping boys.
Love smells like the hot coffee my husband brings home to me.
Love feels like the hug I get from my husband when he comes home from work.
Love tastes like the sticky popsicle my two year old offers to share with me.
Love sounds like my husband reading the Bible to me each night.
Love

Here is a printable blank version for you to use!

Love sensory poem


I linked this post to:
HookingupwithHoH
Get your craft on Thurs.
giveaways
TT button





Tidy Mom










Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


UndertheTableandDreaming
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is so simple and so beautiful. I can see updated it every year as the kids get older. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from Under the Table and Dreaming. I love this idea! I forwarded it to our Children's Church leaders. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this with my 5 yr olds - thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...