CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Carnival Birthday Banner

We are making progress on our son's 5th birthday party.  It is at the end of March, and we are doing a carnival theme.
If you didn't see the post on the invitations, you can view it here.


Since I am fairly new to the crafting world and craft blogging, I haven't had a chance to make a birthday banner before.  I had so much fun! 

I hung the banner just so you can see it on this post, but at the actual party it will most likely hang on the dessert/candy table at the party.


I used three different shades of blue paper for the triangles and red and white striped scrapbooking paper for an accent.  I don't own a Cricut, Silhouette or other cutting tool, so I bought some red felt letters at Michael's.  I did have a large scalloped circle punch which I used to frame each letter.  Finally, I attached it all to red ribbon with white stars. 


I love the final product, and I will soon be making signs for the carnival games and food stations.





I linked this post to:




mmm button

Sumo Sweet Stuff

Tute yourself tuesday red and white
Craft Link parties
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Show and Tell Green



HookingupwithHoH

giveaways






Tidy Mom
504 Main

7 comments:

  1. That looks great! Carter's carnival birthday is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Can't wait to see how it all comes togehter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I had a carnival for my son last year and we had SO much fun! Hopefully soon I'll get a chance to post about it if you wanted to come check out the pics once I get it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vibrant colors! Love the simplicity and livliness of your baner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...